Types of Health Tourism:
- Medical Tourism
- Accessible Tourism
- Thermal Tourism and Spa & Wellness
What is Medical Tourism?
Medical tourism is a term initially coined by travel agencies and the mass media to describe the rapidly-growing practice of travelling across international borders to obtain health care.
It also refers pejoratively to the practice of healthcare providers travelling internationally to deliver healthcare.
Services typically sought by travelers include elective procedures as well as complex specialized surgeries such as joint replacement (knee/hip), cardiac surgery, dental surgery, and cosmetic surgeries. However, virtually every type of health care, including psychiatry, alternative treatments, convalescent care and even burial services are available.
- Infertility Treatment
- Plastic Surgery
- Dental Surgery
- Eye Surgery
- Turkey is an EU candidate country currently fulfilling membership criteria ensuring high and consistent standards in healthcare.
- Turkey has the highest number of JCI accredited healthcare institutions in the world.
- Turkey is presently recognized as a competitive and high technology healthcare destination treating thousands of foreign patients from Europe and neighboring countries every month.
-Close to 60 internationally competitive medical faculties training thousands of Turkish and foreign medical students and high certification standards for physicians ensure successful medical results in a wide variety of specialties.
- Culturally vibrant atmosphere in metropolitan Turkish cities provide a friendly and safe environment for patients and spouses to fully recuperate.
- The incredibly central geographical location of Turkey at a crossroad between Europe and Asia allow for easy access and short flying times to every destination in the world.
- Reliable quotes and consistent prices are the norm.
- All accredited Turkish hospitals are outfitted with world-class infrastructure and modern technology.
- Almost all major pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson and Johnson, Sanofi-Aventis, Merck, Novartis, Roche, Astra Zeneca are present in Turkey with regional headquarters and manufacturing facilities as well as many local manufacturers.
- Turkey is one of the world's top 10 medical tourism destinations, welcoming more than three hundred thousand health tourist every year. Also it's modern enough to be comfortable yet traditional enough to be interesting.